Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is available for pupils in all school years from Reception to Year 11.
The Pupil Premium Grant per pupil for 2019 to 2020 is as follows:
- Pupils in year groups Reception to Year 6 recorded as Ever 6 FSM £1,320
- Pupils in years 7 to 11 recorded as Ever 6 FSM £935
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority £2300
- Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order £2300
- Pupils in year groups reception to year 11 recorded as Ever 6 service child or in receipt of a child pension from the Ministry of Defence £300
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
To see if your child could be in receipt of the pupil premium, please click the link below which will take you to the Dorset Council website.